Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Opticron Traveler BGA ED 10x32 - Thoughts?

Old Friday 4th January 2019, 14:54   #1
justabirdwatcher

Opticron Traveler BGA ED 10x32 - Thoughts?

Looking at getting a pair of 10x32's for mid-day birding and the specs and reviews on these look pretty good. I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to use them?

The other pair I'm considering, and I'm familiar with, are the Nikon Monarch 7 10x30's.
Old Saturday 5th January 2019, 05:39   #2
Upland

Checked out a pair last fall at a raptor fest. Great optics but the focus wheel was the stiffest I’ve ever encountered. A pair of vice grips would have been appropriate. Probably would have loosened over time. The M7s are glare machines. Maven B3s are a similar design but different optics made in Japan. Highly reccomended. Nicest 10x mid size I’ve ever had. Should never had sold them.
Old Saturday 5th January 2019, 15:37   #3
justabirdwatcher

Thanks Upland. I have a $200 rebate card from B&H and unfortunately, they don't sell the Mavens, otherwise I'd definitely give those a try. If the Travellers have a wonky focus wheel, I'll return them.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: