• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery bird near Knowsley (1 Viewer)

Tanglewood52

A few weeks ago whilst cycling from Croxteth Park towards Knowsley I saw a bird I didn't recognise and for the life of me cannot track down in any of the books I have to hand. It was about the size and build of a small partridge, but was white and speckled with a lot of little black flecks. It looked at home on the ground and scurried along by the fence before darting into a hedge. Myself and the dog walker who was coming the other way agreed we had never seen anything like it before. If anyone could help with identifying it I would be very grateful!

Yes!! Just looked that up and it was exactly like the 'snowflake' one. Thank you so much! Been sending me and half the family mad trying to figure it out haha

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back