• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax Repair Service (1 Viewer)

Steve Gross

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Pentax service department in the US.

I'm thinking about sending my four-year-old binocs back to have the coating replaced on one ocular lens and the eyecups to be refitted/replaced, as they keep slipping down.

Any comments on cost, turnaround time, etc?

Steve in Houston

Steve Gross said:
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Pentax service department in the US.

I'm thinking about sending my four-year-old binocs back to have the coating replaced on one ocular lens and the eyecups to be refitted/replaced, as they keep slipping down.

Any comments on cost, turnaround time, etc?

Steve in Houston

Pentax has a good warranty (I believe 25-year) and you can send back any Pentax item for repairs for a nominal fixed cost (plus shipping). I believe it's like $10 or $20. My fiance sent her Pentax binocs back for repairs and just had to pay for shipping and the flat fee.

Give Pentax service a call and I'm sure they can provide you with the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back