• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shropshire uk (1 Viewer)

timmyjones

Going on a geography field trip to carding mill valley on the long mynd to study the river in mid march any chances of ring ouzel or decent birds to distract me from my geography work

P.S it wont affect my life as i hate geography and ent taking it for GCSE's

Should be Ravens and Buzzards a plenty, maybe Red Kite (not sure on that).

A reasonable chance of Ring Ouzel, although there may not be any local birds left, passage birds heading further north might be around. They start to arrive up here in the last week of March, so they may be reaching your area by mid March. If you can persuade the teacher to postpone the trip for a week, that'll increase the chances even more ;)

Oh, and just a thought . . . .

timmyjones said:
P.S it wont affect my life as i hate geography

Geog is one of the two most important subjects to study if you want a birding-related career :brains: (the other is biology)

Last edited:
i really hate my geography teacher i am sure that i would enjoy it if it wasnt for the teacher but i can map read and stuff so enogh to guide my self around and stuff

timmyjones said:
i really hate my geography teacher i am sure that i would enjoy it if it wasnt for the teacher but i can map read and stuff so enogh to guide my self around and stuff

It isn't just map reading that you need for bird related jobs, in Geography you do Ecology, Weather stuff and loads more stuff important for a bird related job. And I bet if you take Geography for GCSE you'll get a different teacher, you get to go on great trips if you take Geog too, like I am going on a South of France this May. It is interesting too, you learn about Volcanos, Plate Tetonics and Habitats.
If I were you I would take Geography!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back