• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron eyepiece in Kowa TSN-1 (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I think nobody has tried yet - it looks like it has a female thread so it should fit physically onto the accessory thread at the outside of the Kowa eyepiece mount with an o-ring as spacer as for the SDLv2 and the old HDF zoom.

But if it comes to focus, we can't really say...

If you decide to try it, buy from some place with a good return policy (or try it in store) and let us know the result.

Joachim

Hi,

there is the 25x LER EP called TE 17 HD available new (narrower fov than the 30 wide but very long ER, good for digiscoping) and some old versions of the 30x wide (equally nice as the current one), a 40x wide (rare), a 60x (can be found sometimes) and a 77x (rare).

Whatever you do, stay away from the old 80s vintage 20-60 zoom, which is awful. The current Kowa zoom is ok.

Joachim

I use an Opticron SDL V2 on my TSN 4 (same accessory thread as your TSN 1) and it works well. However I am not familiar with the eyepiece that you are referring to - I would suggest that it is a case of "Try before you buy".

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back