• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Secret Bird II (1 Viewer)

Fantastic! Great job Larry Lade the answer is Swamp Sparrow! I was starting to think this one was NEVER going to end! Was this too hard?

sorry SP just noticed your post. looks like your a day late and a dollar short because this "secret bird" is in the history books! 3:)

Well enough with the chit-chat, here is your next "secret bird"...

(1) Pairs of this "secret bird" are monogamous, and remain together longer than pairs of other members of this genus.

all good guesses but all wrong! see if this clue clears things up...

(2) When flushed off the nest, the female of this "secret bird" often defecates on its eggs, apparently to deter predators.

Perfect! Perfect! (sinister laughter) In the meantime here is a new clue to mull over...

(3) The female of this "secret bird" lays a clutch of 8-12 pale olive eggs in a narrow scrape lined with down, usually within vegetation

Oh great that's not helpful! Least Bittern...

Sorry I have not updated the quiz everybody! I was in South Carolina visiting some family... anyway, great job Larry Lade the answer is Northern Shoveler! Here is the next "secret bird"...

(1) This "secret bird" forages for invertebrates, chiefly mollusks

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back