• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax to Nikon adapter? Yes! (1 Viewer)

wvsky

I spent weeks getting the runaround from Pentax dealers in North America. (US and Canada). I knew that there HAD to be an adapter to mount a Nikon D-300 to the Pentax scope. They all denied that such an adapter even existed.

Finally, I discovered that Pentax does indeed make such a mount, but it's only sold in Asia and Europe. I had to purchase mine from Germany, and at a higher cost than if it were available here. Anyway, here it is, along with a quick photo I took last night. (I will be shooting mostly birds with this setup) :t:

http://www.mywvhome.com/web/pentaxscope.htm

While I hate to poop on anyone's parade the Pentax dSLR adapter is not much of bargain when you can use any Hyperion eyepiece with a T-ring and get more variety/useful magnifications.

Rick, I guess it depends on whether you want to do eyepiece projection (and put a lot more glass in the way) or "go direct" to the sensor in the camera through what is essentially Barlow (perhaps a couple of elements?).

But the eyepiece projection with a T ring is always an option.

Kevin, top end zoom lenses now have 15-25 elements and primes 8-12 elements. The amount of glass "in the way" arguement has little support in reality. In digiscoping terms, I think diffraction is becoming more critical to IQ as the dslr sensor resolution increases.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back