• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

intriguing robin behaviour (1 Viewer)

cugsy

I was looking out of the window this morning and a couple of the resident Robins dropped into the garden. Its a bit difficult this time of year to tell which is which so I miight be wrong in my observations. One bird (I took to be the male) was feeding and another robin with an impressably bright red breast approached the first bird. The first bird stood and watched as the second bird (I can only describe it like this) swayed from side to side for about a minute. The first bird was joined by a 3rd bird and this prompted the 'swaying' 2nd bird to launch itself at the first robin as if to get its attention.
Female dancing like a snake to charm its intended? I wish I'd videod it! John

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back