• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

Dordon

I might find myself in the Dordon area,later this month.Not knowing anything much about the area,I was hoping someone might take the time to let me know If there are any good birding spots in the area and what I may see ? Being from Scotland,some common species in the area,may be rare in my neck of the woods.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dordon area

I might find myself in the Dordon area,later this month.Not knowing anything much about the area,I was hoping someone might take the time to let me know If there are any good birding spots in the area and what I may see ? Being from Scotland,some common species in the area,may be rare in my neck of the woods.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Ben Nevis,
If you want Bird variety visit the newly opened RSPB Middleton lakes, years ago visting Scotland the rarity on the west coast was Tutfed Duck you will see plenty here.

google search Tame Valley birding for RSPB Middleton lakes sightings and the Tame Valley (which is the largest expanse of gravel workings in the country)
If your looking for specific species please mention.

Regards, John

Another one that reads this thread

Had a pleasant surprise this evening, walking round the Kingfisher pool (Warwick) saw a female blue winged teal.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ben
Another option is Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve.
A regular update of sightings can be found here.
http://www.brandonbirding.co.uk/

Regards

Blue winged teal

Another one that reads this thread

Had a pleasant surprise this evening, walking round the Kingfisher pool (Warwick) saw a female blue winged teal.

Hi Alec, I would assume escapee, this should be reported on rare and scarce birds ofWarwickshire mentioning probably ecsapee. Blue winged Teal do occur in Britain as a rare vagrant. Will send a note to the Warks County recorder.

Regards, John

7/9/11 Hartshill Ringed plover over near the River Anker, cormorant seen by the Stone Bridge (wintering birds coming in now, a Ringed Cormorant wintering at Kingsbury Water Park was ringed as a young nestling in Holland).
Siskins groups seen of 3, 3 and 1 so look out for these in mid and south Warks now.
Mancetter Hills Wheatear and 5 Yellow Wagtail today.

Regards, John

8/9/11 Mancetter Hills 50 Yellow Wagtail today.
Bigger groups of Siskin now showing with 9 in a Larch tree Hartshill Hayes. Migrant male and female Blackcap seen eating Elderberries.

Regards, John

9/9/11 Siskins now in with good numbers a flock of 50 seen today Hartshill with other smaller groups. Hobby over Atherstone Golfcoures. Migrant Spotted fly at Purley Park and Hartshill with 2 Whinchat also at Hartshill.

Regards, John

Whitacre Heath 11/09/11 (AM)

Redstart x2 (1m, 1juv)
c200 Swallow, Sand Martin, House Martin over cow field
c40 Yellow Wagtail in cow field
Whitethroat x2
Blackcap x6
Siskin x5 (fly overs)
Buzzard

Regards

Matt

11/9/11 Hartshill Hayes Country Park c20 Siskin low over the tree canopy.
Mancetter Hills Wheatear, 14 Yellow Wagtail, 3 Pied Wagtail. 100 House Martin and 6 Swallow.
South West Warwickshire near Alcester at Ovesley wood Siskin, 4 singles over.

Regards, John

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back