• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Bolivia - Rip off? (1 Viewer)

US printing planned

Associacion Civil Armonia, publisher of the Bolivia guide, posted two days ago on FB saying that the guide is nearly sold out, and that copies remain in Bolivia at a few select locations, as well as in the US. The FB post says that copies in the US can be gotten by emailing [email protected] - just passing this info along. I have the guide and it is thorough, authoritative, and fills a tremendous gap.

Hopefully a second edition/publishing will be forthcoming, though I do not know anything about this.

Just found the following on FB by Sebastian Herzog:
We have a revised first edition virtually ready and will start printing in the US early next year.

So things start looking brighter! o:) The post is actually from 29 November.

Sole publisher will still be Asociación Armonía.

Last edited:
Just found the following on FB by Sebastian Herzog:
We have a revised first edition virtually ready and will start printing in the US early next year.

So things start looking brighter! o:) The post is actually from 29 November.

Sole publisher will still be Asociación Armonía.

Good news but surely it won't retail at $95 plus $35 postage?

Any idea who the distributor will be or will it be ordered directly from the publisher 'a la' Lynx?

Good news but surely it won't retail at $95 plus $35 postage?

……...

Hopefully not. Those $95 already include shipping the book from Bolivia to the US. Thus, the double-transport penalty will be removed. But the reason for Armonía to retain their publishing activity will most likely still mean somewhat higher costs of the book in order to get the money they need to do work in Bolivia. We'll see how they handle the distribution. Remember that this is not a customary book publishing venture. Armonía got funds from various sources including from the Swiss government and WWF to indirectly further conservation in Bolivia.

I picked up a copy recently in Bolivia where they are still selling for around 50 usd, although i understand they're aren't many left and it is now hard to get hold of. Hence the reprint I guess.

Bar a few ropey illustrations it is a very good book. I don't know the extent of the revisions in the new printing.

Hopefully, even though it will be printed in the US, it will still be a non-profit/ eco-tourism/ conservation benefiting project.

I picked up a copy recently in Bolivia where they are still selling for around 50 usd, although i understand they're aren't many left and it is now hard to get hold of. Hence the reprint I guess.

Bar a few ropey illustrations it is a very good book. I don't know the extent of the revisions in the new printing.

Hopefully, even though it will be printed in the US, it will still be a non-profit/ eco-tourism/ conservation benefiting project.

£50 would still be expensive IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back