• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Japan live bird cam id request (1 Viewer)

Earnest lad

Dear colleagues

I have been observing birds on the following live cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfr1ITcyRmk

and saw for the first time a sort of sparrow-like bird, which I did not identify.

Please can anyone assist: the screen-grab is attached, but the quality is (apologetically) poor
Best wishes

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 55
Dear Andrew
Further to your suggestion I did some googling and am pleased to see that your suggestion is indeed correct!
It's a lifer! Another armchair tick (LOL)
Thank you.

ps please can you advise whether the Willow tit or the Marsh tit is the species one can see often visiting this feeder?

Dear Andrew
Further to your suggestion I did some googling and am pleased to see that your suggestion is indeed correct!
It's a lifer! Another armchair tick (LOL)
Thank you.

ps please can you advise whether the Willow tit or the Marsh tit is the species one can see often visiting this feeder?

Should be Willow Tit in Honshu.

Dear Andrew
Thank you for that pointer as regards Honshu
It has been nice to see Japanese tits, Coal tits, Varied tits, Japanese Grosbeaks, Grey-headed greenfinches , Eurasian nuthatches, Bramblings, and Eurasian jays all at that bird cam.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back