• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help with adobe please!!!! (1 Viewer)

reptilian

hello all

i have just bought a brand spanking new pc at last (hurray). but as i try to load adobe elements5 onto it the loading process stops abruptly and a message appears on screen saying "this program required VGA resolution or higher"

i am baffled by this as my old pc and laptop loaded it no problem.
any help or suggestioms would be greatly appreciated.
thank you very much
malc

Clearly your new machine will be set to a high resolution, so that's an odd error message (but error messages are notoriously unreliable). If you have Windows Vista, the version of Photoshop Elements you have might not be compatible. Have you tried searching the Adobe web site, e.g. in their FAQ section and to see if there are any patches.

Hi Malc,

Also check that the lastest driver for the video controller is installed. Looks like you do not have the right driver install on the operating system.

Also if using Windows Vista, make sure the version of Adobe Elements is compatible with that Operating System. I recomend using Windows XP instead of Windows Vista as I had lots of problems with the Vista OS and do not like it so much.

Alejandro

rhank you everyone for the replies and suggestions. i know have it sussed. i just changed the settings of resolution for the monitor and hey presto it loaded as it should.
i was thinking maybe it was something to do with having vista, still not sure if it was, but now ok.
thanks everyone again very much
malc

rhank you everyone for the replies and suggestions. i know have it sussed. i just changed the settings of resolution for the monitor and hey presto it loaded as it should.
i was thinking maybe it was something to do with having vista, still not sure if it was, but now ok.
thanks everyone again very much
malc

If you have a new machine with a typical 17" monitor you could be running at 32-bit colour and 1024x768 pixels.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back