• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pink-footed Goose with neckband (Cumbria, UK) (1 Viewer)

gillean55

Hello

I took the attached shot of a Pink-footed Goose with neckband near Carlisle yesterday. The marking appears to be "TZX".

Where do I report this to if I want to find out about its history?

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4790 cr.jpg
    IMG_4790 cr.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 148
Thanks Jonny.

As it happens, I found that blog entry myself doing a Google search for "Pink-footed Goose TZX"! It really answered all my questions.

I did initially register with the site recommended above by Roman, but they had no record of the bird - presumably because it was ringed in the UK?

Thanks anyway!

Paul

I did initially register with the site recommended above by Roman, but they had no record of the bird - presumably because it was ringed in the UK?

They are the other population of Pinkfeet that nest in Svalbard, and winter in the Low Countries. Yours is one of the Icelandic population, which obviously winter here.

Occasionally birds end up with the 'other' population, one of the Svalbard collared birds has been in Lancashire in the last couple of years where it was unfortunately shot recently.

Stephen

Many thanks for the email address, Lowellmills. I had a look at the WWT website last night hoping to send them the data, but there wasn't an obvious point of contact.

Thanks for that additional info, Stephen.

Paul

I wonder that this project isn´t mentioned on CR-Birding? Not good!
That´s why I referred to that danish project because it was the only result with a white neckband and black letters on CR-Birding.

Cheers,
Roman

I wonder that this project isn´t mentioned on CR-Birding? Not good!
That´s why I referred to that danish project because it was the only result with a white neckband and black letters on CR-Birding.

Cheers,
Roman

Roman,

I think this is explained by the fact it isn't a white neckband.

Regards,

Stephen

I second that. It's metallic, having also seen one in the 'flesh'.

Gillean55, you're welcome. It's not covered so much by the WWT website as by EURING, as it's such a small part of what WWT does in the public's eyes and the birds are all over Europe in winter I guess. The first port of call with me, after CR-birding, which has many but not all schemes, is EURING.

Happy ring-reading.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back