• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DNA reveals surprise (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
A change in behaviour and appearance has obscured the identity of two birds on remote Indonesian islands, the madanga and the Sao Tome shorttail. The birds are members of the pipit and wagtail families, but live in very different habitats to their relatives.

Article here.

A change in behaviour and appearance has obscured the identity of two birds on remote Indonesian islands, the madanga and the Sao Tome shorttail. The birds are members of the pipit and wagtail families, but live in very different habitats to their relatives.

Article here.

As Richard has pointed out in another thread, Sao Tome isn't even in the same ocean as Indonesia....:eek!::eek!::eek!:
MJB

Nine hours later and still not corrected!

I've done my best 'Disgusted, of Tunbridge Wells' impression, and complained on the BBC News website about 'Abysmal Geographic Knowledge', suggesting it might be a good idea for science correspondents to get things right...:C
MJB:t:

I gave up on BBC news when they repeatedly failed with their maps. They were so bad it was laughable: I remember once an article on something that happened in Poland, only the map of Poland they put up had the pre WWII boundaries; utterly different from the modern ones. On another occasion, Libya had mysteriously absorbed Tunisia. On several occasions a map of Europe they regularly used always showed Austria as several countries; someone had subdivided it according to its States and made no distinction between those boundaries and proper national boundaries elsewhere on the map. It was really bizarre....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back