• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conquest Confession (1 Viewer)

As far as some other favorites... I really really like the strap that comes with these, and the lined/padded canvas binocular case, and the rubber rain guard.

Throw in the multiple discounts I combined when I purchased them and it has been one of my better binocular buys.

Amazing that I have never been able to find them at local retail since they were introduced... just the 10x42. Had to order them sight unseen. It was a leap of faith that didn't go "splatttt"! :egghead:

CG

Last edited:
I think we need to be a bit more model specific here - I find the 8x32 very good for CA but have read some reports of the 8x56 HD where CA is quite a bit more apparent. Different apertures are likely to produce somewhat different results.

James,
I have compared te 8x32 to the 8x32 Victory T*FL, Cabela's Euro HD, and Swarovski Swarovision.
I had compared the 8x42 with the 8x42 Swarovski SLC, Vortex Razor HD, and 8.5x42 Kowa Genesis.
I have looked through the 10x42, but only in store. I have not looked through the others.
The Zeiss certainly has it's advantages, I just don't find control of CA to be one of them relative to others in the price range.

Ive been using these a lot since i got them and have noticed little CA. They have a very wide sweet spot so like them better than the Genesis, which costs $250 more, in that regard. Also the new Companion is nice but also costs over $300 more. Theyre definitely not Alphas but anyone who wants Alphas should be prepared to pay for them. For the price i think they are an extremely nice,wel built bino.

If you want to completely eliminate CA, get flawless eyecups and great contrast just get the Kowa Genesis 8X33. Sorry but I have tried about everything around a grand except the Meopta and Kowa wins, game over.
Steve

Have you tried the Nikon EDG or Zeiss FL's? I had the Kowa Genesis 8x33 and I found it very good for CA and probably the best at their price point but IMO the EDG and FL were a little better but they are much more expensive. I thought the Kowa's edges were a little soft especially compared to something like the EDG or SV. The Kowa is a very nice compact binocular and a good value.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back