• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular Identification (1 Viewer)

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
I found this binocular that my Grandson has recently acquired, and am wondering if anyone can help with an ID ?

Jerry

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 98
Jerry, post 1,
This is a special edition of Eagle Optics Inc. for their celebration of 5000 years production of top quality instruments. It is very rare, so you better keep it.
Gijs van Ginkel

Looks like you could take a great big bite out of the view.

Fangs for this Steve :-O. I don't think I recognise this bino but I think I will just chew on it for a while, you know, nibble away at it. But toothfully I don't think I will come up with anything.

Lee

Thanks to Jerry for posting the pic :-O

He is 5 years old, and knows the name of every dinosaur. That is the theme, the optics
are poor, just tubes with glass, zero power, and not properly collimated, Bill.

By the way, I just got Bills new book on collimation, very educational.

Jerry

There is more to the story, this same grandson just turned 5, and here is his gift from me.

An Eagles Optics Kingbird, 6.5x32, optics are good for a youngster and compact. I bought a couple
on closeout last year.
Some of the others have received a Leopold Yosemite 6x30, which is a better binocular.

Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN1331.JPG
    DSCN1331.JPG
    463.4 KB · Views: 49
I had a real interest in dinosaurs when I was a kid. Got a book (maybe a series of books) one Christmas by Life Magazine called "The World we Live In". I literally memorized the one on Dinosaurs, Still have it too. Five is a good age. I have no doubt grandpa will keep his interest up.

There is more to the story, this same grandson just turned 5, and here is his gift from me.

An Eagles Optics Kingbird, 6.5x32, optics are good for a youngster and compact. I bought a couple
on closeout last year.
Some of the others have received a Leopold Yosemite 6x30, which is a better binocular.

Jerry

Nice birthday present that hopefully will help keep the young lad interested in learning.
FWIW to any other grandparents out there, my Oberkwerk 6.5x32 goes toe to toe with my Yosemite 6x30, and the hinge folds down quite a lot for kids' narrower IPD.

on closeout last year.

Jerry
I dunno, Jerry...I kinda prefer the Stegosaurus SV Field Pro....

This is the one the granddaughters get. I have posted this photo before, I really like it.
I have one left, and am wondering if I should keep it or ?

Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN0889.JPG
    DSCN0889.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 26
This is the one the granddaughters get. I have posted this photo before, I really like it.
I have one left, and am wondering if I should keep it or ?

Jerry

Jerry if you have pants and jacket that match the bino, you should keep it. A photo of you wearing this ensemble and carrying the binos would be good.:king:

Hope your grandkids enjoy the binos as much as we have hearing about them.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back