• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss 8x32 has arrived.. Unboxing (1 Viewer)

binomania

Hi from Italy. Thanks to Zeiss Italy i've received one specimen of Victory SF 8x32. At the moment i've published a simple uboxing on my youtube channel. https://youtu.be/vHz8xY88YAg in the next weeks i will test on the field to write a review. Have a nice week - end. Piergiovanni
5c319b2a40137eeb2cc1fc9db62ecf92.jpg
29d0d663c0dd177916a777cf7ba0f532.jpg

Inviato dal mio G8141 utilizzando Tapatalk

Lucky you :)

I have been trying to get one specimen of SF 8x32 for testing on Allbinos and Optyczne since May. I was writing both to Polish distributor and to Zeiss headquarters. Without any success...

I'm not surprised, you're obviously on their blacklist! You shouldn't be puzzled..... remember this,

https://www.birdforum.net/showpost.php?p=3180471&postcount=7

I looked at the scoring and comments for the Victory SF 8 x42 ( 2 reviewers ) on your site. Whilst I'm sure Carl Zeiss are confident in their new product, why on earth would they take a risk and supply you with a free sample to probably find fault with? They're not looking for any negatives before shipping out to retailers, particularly after having to reschedule the supply dates and worldwide launch. I appreciate you've posted a positive initial review on the NL Pure recently and no doubt will follow that up in due course.

Unfortunately you will need to purchase or borrow a unit when they become available,

Good luck.

Last edited:
PYRTLE - since the post you mentioned they send me SF 10x42, HT 10x42 and Conquest HD 10x42 for testing. But it was in 2016...

Mark - Zeiss scored very well in endurance test taking 1st place so it is not argument for not sending me SF 8x32. However, maybe again something is wrong with baffling and internal reflections as was in SF 10x42 I reviewed.

PYRTLE - since the post you mentioned they send me SF 10x42, HT 10x42 and Conquest HD 10x42 for testing. But it was in 2016...

Mark - Zeiss scored very well in endurance test taking 1st place so it is not argument for not sending me SF 8x32. However, maybe again something is wrong with baffling and internal reflections as was in SF 10x42 I reviewed.

Thank you for the update, better late than never.

Regards.

Don't worry Arek - I'd rather wait a month or two for your honest thoughts than something written by an "influencer" tomorrow...

Arek, maybe they still remember that stress test you did (I'm sure Leica remember). ;-)

Was this the stress test which the Conquest survived perfectly?

Probably the best piece of unpaid advertising Zeiss ever got. They should send you a gold-edition SF in thanks.

Edmund

Lucky you :)

I have been trying to get one specimen of SF 8x32 for testing on Allbinos and Optyczne since May. I was writing both to Polish distributor and to Zeiss headquarters. Without any success...

I'm comparing it to my Zeiss Victory SF 8x42 and the Victory SF 8x32 has no lateral chromatic aberration, at least under normal lighting conditions. I think it is more correct than my SF 8x42 and I must admit that I like the images that these binoculars give. I should finish the review and video review in the next few days.

I'm comparing it to my Zeiss Victory SF 8x42 and the Victory SF 8x32 has no lateral chromatic aberration, at least under normal lighting conditions. I think it is more correct than my SF 8x42 and I must admit that I like the images that these binoculars give. I should finish the review and video review in the next few days.

Sounds promising, looking forward to the review!

Hopefully you can test for glare and veiling glare especially, as that seems to be the biggest factor in ruining good contrast.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back