• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good birding book on Scotland (1 Viewer)

aushalk

Dear all

Only moved to Inverness six months ago. Would greatly appreciate some advice on some up-to-date bird books to buy (understand a book is "out of date" as soon as it is published lol).

Looked at the Poyser book "Birds in Scotland". I think even the new book is based on data unto 1985 only.

Also, any suggestions on online forums, websites etc are also greatly appreciated.

Thank you

The Birds of Scotland edited by Ron Forrester and Ian Andrews, unfortunately its £450 on Amazon but if you join the SOC you get a free CD copy.

David

Another for Gordon Hamletts first class book.... or hire a tour guide ;-)

PM me if you are looking for info on places to go.

Dave

Many thanks to you all for prompt replies. I will follow your advice.
Dave many thanks for your offer, I will most certainly take you on, on that one.
Regards

Hi,

If you want to see a sample chapter of my book first, feel free to pm me (I will need your email address as well due to size limitation of pms.

The publishers Buckingham Press or the likes of Wildsounds will probably be able to get you a copy quicker than amazon, though if you want a signed copy, and a small discount, I can supply you myself.

HTH

Gordon

Thank you Sandra. Gordon, didn't realise you are on BF. Bought your book last night on ebay ! Shame I missed the opportunity to buy a signed copy !! Thank you for the offer. I will contact you if there is any problem with ebay

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back