• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pendle Hill Dotterels (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'm thinking of going by bicycle from Preston out to Pendle Hill this coming Monday 2nd May to see if I can see any dotterel. My plan would be to try to find somewhere to lock my bicycle up near the farm buildings just to the east side of the hill, walk up to the top and look around there. Does that sound like a good approach? Have the dotterel been seen this year?

Thanks.

I'm thinking of going by bicycle from Preston out to Pendle Hill this coming Monday 2nd May to see if I can see any dotterel. My plan would be to try to find somewhere to lock my bicycle up near the farm buildings just to the east side of the hill, walk up to the top and look around there. Does that sound like a good approach? Have the dotterel been seen this year?

Thanks.

Dottrel tend to not hang about so much in the spring , we had 3 in fields near Martin Mere on wednesday and early thursday morning , but were gone by half nine , i believe 5 birds were on Pendle last week but moved through fairly quickly and nothing since

Dottrel tend to not hang about so much in the spring , we had 3 in fields near Martin Mere on wednesday and early thursday morning , but were gone by half nine , i believe 5 birds were on Pendle last week but moved through fairly quickly and nothing since

Hmm, thanks, might go elsewhere then. It's due to rain heavily until mid morning so I don't think I'd make it in good time for any overnighting dotterels even if there are some.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back