• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Delay of migration ? (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hallo,

in Germany was very sunny warm weather in September.
Last weekend the weather forecast said 24 centigrad.
But in forest Spreewald it seems even warmer.
Maybe in the north country was similar ?
Will be the migration to south delay ?

Best regards
Dieter

Hi,

the same question again. I heard yesterday weatherforecast, it will be until 24 centigrad on weekend and sunny. On the map the show also Norway and said there will be 13 centigrad. I think this is very unusual for the far north part end of Oktober.

Best regards
Dieter

hi dieter
it sounds to be warmer in spreewald than when i was there a few years back.keep us informed about the weather it helps give us an insight as to what might be happening.
Regards Barry B :) B :)

delay of migration ?

Hi Barry,

indeed this October is strenght. In the north east are more than 200 sunny howers ( almost 2 times than usual ).
Forest Spreewald is a great place. It is not a complete forest, more change between forest, floodplains and meadows.
Ower reliable weatherforecast is www.kachelmann-wetter.de .
1. click 3 button "meteomedia Deutschland"
2. choice a red dot of small map
3. choice a red dot of big map
4. on right side click "4 Tage Prognose" ( means 4 days forecast )

Best regards
Dieter

I dont think in autumn a small period of warm weather really delays much , they know they ave to go and they do so, if anything a period of good weather helps them leave.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back