• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds in Song Titles (2 Viewers)

I looked at all the comments in this thread and was surprised to see two songs missing.

"Surfin' Bird" by the Trashmen, 1963

"El Condor Pasa" (If I could) by Simon and Garfunkle. This is probably the best known song about a bird, although S&G changed the original words around. "El Condor Pasa" means "The Condor Passes By" and was written in 1913 by Daniel Alamía Robles of Peru. Paul Simon heard the tune and wrote "If I Could" which appeared on the "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" album in 1970.

Road Runner - Jonathan Richmond
Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen
Big Bird - Eddie Floyd
Little Bluebird - Johnnie Taylor
The Littlest Birds - The Be Good Tanyas
Too Many Birds - Bill Callahan
Meadowlarks - Fleet Foxes
Skylarking - Horace Andy
Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
Little Red Rooster - Sam Cooke
Skylark - Aretha Franklin
The Raven - Isobel Campbell & MArk Lanegan
Birds Fly Backwards - Ed Harcourt
The Lord God Bird - Sufjan Stevens
Sparrows over Birmingham - Josh Rouse
Birds - Neil Young
Birds Flew backwards - Doves
Pigeon Song - Alela Diane
Sparrow - Simon and Garfunkel
King of Birds - R.E.M.
Cuckoo - The Monks
Carrion - British Sea Power

Followers of the excellent Caught By The River blog will recognise this playlist created by Cari Levy... who is in the process of making a film documentary about birding... Follow his progess here, (also an excellent read).

A couple of real oldies.

The Swan by Saint Sans [ think thats how you spell it ].
Skylark by Glen Miller

Keep em coming.

Si.

I put together a fairly decent (I think) indie/alternative playlist on youtube (just posted it to my blog: http://underclearskies.com/2011/03/31/bird-music-indie-mixtape/

These are tracks with bird names in the titles or in the band names - things that seem to have been missed off here so far:

Marissa Nadler - Bird on your grave , Goldfrapp - Little Bird, Electrelane - Birds, Sun Kil Moon - Heron Blue, Decemberists - Crane Wife 3, TV on the Radio - Stork and Owl etc etc etc

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back