• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I am very happy. [Bird deformities] (1 Viewer)

Bird and squirrel lover.
Last fall is when I started to feed the birds, while doing so I notice a Common Grackle with only one leg, well it has actually about ¼ inch stub. Well yesterday I spotted him out in the Grackle group, was very pleased to see him make it through the winter and return home.

Also, Should I worry about a female House Finch with NO tail feathers? What could cause this?

-Drake

a couple of weeks ago a photographed a crabplover with only one leg, but it seemed to be quite OK and well off...
It seems to me, that animals are really good when it comes to staying alive, whatever problem they might have!

smiles
sam

thats so cool that the same flock comes back to your feeders every year. I wonder what birds I have that are repeats...juncos, finches, black phoebes? How can I tell?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back