• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yelow Hooded Warbler and other birds... (1 Viewer)

Sofarbrnun

Saw a beautiful little yellow bird yesterday outside my kitchen window. I found out it was a hooded warbler. Now today, same kitchen window, same tree... a sweet olive, I see 4 or 5 adorable little olive and gray colored birds with a little black mask, a tuft on their head, yellow tipped tail, and just a hint of a red tip on the end of each wing. They were dive bombing the sweet olive seeds on the ground, flying strait up like fast little helicopters, and landing on the small branches of the tree, gulped down the big ole seed.
Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? I live in Old Jefferson. It's March 22nd and it's still cold outside. The exotic birds really seem to like it down here.

Just curious, how did you determine that the little, yellow, masked bird was a Hooded Warbler? In your other thread I suggested that the "masked bird" might have been a Common Yellowthroat. Have you had a look at that thread?

Good Birding!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back