• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moore Nature Reserve may close down (1 Viewer)

local_bird

I thought I would register to inform members that Peel Holdings have put in a Planning Application to Warrington Borough Council to redevelopment the Moore Nature Reserve and Manchester Ship Canal area into Warrington Port warehousing.

This will mean the total redevelopment of Moore Nature Reserve and it will be lost entirely.

While Moore Parish Council are objecting etc. (as is Halton Borough Council), the land across the swing bridge is Warrington Borough Council and not Halton so Halton (Moore) residents are not in such a strong position.

We need a lot of letters to Warrington Borough Council to object to this and save the wildlife that has made it their home!!

Hi local_bird and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the more appropriate Cheshire forum (the Site Notice Board) is for issues about Birdforum itself). I also subscribed you to the thread so you can find it easily and will be notified of any replies - you can unsubscribe simply by clicking on Thread Tools at the top of the page and selecting the Subscription option.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Hello

Re MOORE NATURE RESERVE CLOSER Warrington.

This would be awful, could you post details of where to send letters etc and we can get this information out ASAP by all means ie Face book, bird-guides twitter etc.

John G

Last edited:
Sadly Peel Holdings always get their own way. This is the same company that rode rough shod over the wishes of residents in Frodsham when they stuck those hideous giant windmills all over Frodsham Marsh for tax relief purposes ignoring the impact on wildlife and residents.

This was fought all the way but commonsense once a gain lost out.

Sadly they have many pounds to grease many palms. I will still do my bit and write to the council but I fear the writing is on the wall

Crying shame, spent many a happy day at Moore, I've moved now so haven't been down for a couple of years but was always a favourite.

Peel Holdings have a certain reputation, hope they don't win in this case.

Was always a good spot for Bittern in Winter and all 3 woodpeckers

TBH I thought it was just the land adjacent to the canal on the Warrington side of Moore i.e. where those factory/storage facilities are.
Peel Holdings sometimes give the impression that they are all for the environment e.g. Moore reserve & Woolston eyes but when it comes down to serious money, as others have said, there will be only one winner........and it won't be nature lovers :(

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back