• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2020 (1 Viewer)

No, the last 4 were from a visit to New Jersey shore. LOL! I didn't know this was our own place/yard only?

Yes, your sightings from your own (or rented) yard only. And only from one place at a year. (=> Not from every garden you might own.)

I thought that next new woodpecker in my garden would be Grey-headed but yeasterday:

#24. White-backed Woodpecker - Female visited couple of times and ate apple! :eek!: I didn't know they do that... Anyway, It's a nice to have garden lifers. :king: I hope this isn't the only one for this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok_Sz7EJ2Dg&feature=youtu.be

Yes, your sightings from your own (or rented) yard only. And only from one place at a year. (=> Not from every garden you might own.)

From a few years back I recall you could have multiple sites, on the basis that it's a kinda fun thing (and presumably as long as you don't mix them).

... so if you regularly visit a relative's garden for an extended visit, why not, as long as you don't pretend it's yours? If you own eg a summer cabin, count that, but separately.

Agree you can't count a whole state or country though ;) (...what is land ownership anyway?!)

From a few years back I recall you could have multiple sites, on the basis that it's a kinda fun thing (and presumably as long as you don't mix them).

... so if you regularly visit a relative's garden for an extended visit, why not, as long as you don't pretend it's yours? If you own eg a summer cabin, count that, but separately.

Agree you can't count a whole state or country though ;) (...what is land ownership anyway?!)

Correct, no reason not to have a list for separate places, holiday home, town flat, chateau where you live most of the time;), but not all added together on one list!

No, the last 4 were from a visit to New Jersey shore. LOL! I didn't know this was our own place/yard only?

Note the thread title ... ;)

Correct, no reason not to have a list for separate places, holiday home, town flat, chateau where you live most of the time;), but not all added together on one list!

How many of yours can you see from your current abode? #wheredidiputthatchateaunow

I thought that next new woodpecker in my garden would be Grey-headed but yeasterday:

#24. White-backed Woodpecker - Female visited couple of times and ate apple! :eek!: I didn't know they do that... Anyway, It's a nice to have garden lifers. :king: I hope this isn't the only one for this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok_Sz7EJ2Dg&feature=youtu.be

Well done Wari...what a great addition!..on the “furniture”garden lifers are rather special, to that I can attest. :t:

Mmm. Starling might even be a year tick, can't recall.

Can't you just string a nutcracker into one? ;)

Yer cheeky monkey, stop casting nasturtiums as my Gran used to say. Took a picture of our humble abode for you on my way back from the village just now, we are of course the little one in the middle, we’m simple folk oh arr.
Three species seen on my walk that haven’t made it onto 2020’s Garden List ( Starling8-P, Goldcrest and Long-tailed Tit), so hoping for some additions soon.

Attachments

• 387D84BD-95BE-4321-B4DA-3CD46D21B9D0.jpeg
    387D84BD-95BE-4321-B4DA-3CD46D21B9D0.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 59
Yer cheeky monkey, stop casting nasturtiums as my Gran used to say. Took a picture of our humble abode for you on my way back from the village just now, we are of course the little one in the middle, we’m simple folk oh arr.
Three species seen on my walk that haven’t made it onto 2020’s Garden List ( Starling8-P, Goldcrest and Long-tailed Tit), so hoping for some additions soon.

Ha, that wasn't a slight on your personal birding credentials ... any report of a vagrant Nutcracker in the UK, garden or otherwise,usually turns out to be a nicely spotted Starling, so why not reverse string??

Need to photograph my back garden to showcase the amazing wildlife habitats here in the UK for this thread ...

12 Pine Siskin

First one I've seen in the garden since May 2018. Though it was here so briefly who knows how many have nipped in and out without me noticing!

You are absolutely right. I had forgotten this, sorry.

Garden List so far...

1. Woodpigeon
2. Robin
3. Blue Tit
4. Great Tit
5. Carrion Crow
6. Jackdaw
7. Coal Tit
8. Long Tailed Tit
9. Nuthatch
10. Treecreeper
11. Blackcap
12. Herring Gull
13. Tawny Owl
14. Blackbird
15. Dunnock
16. Magpie
17. Jay

February 12th.

46. Nuthatch - one heard calling not too far away.

Almost three weeks since my last addition - it has been very quiet. The storm on Sunday an a bit of wet snow on Monday produced nothing different at all.

Steve

Not quite such a wait for me, 11 days since my last new ones. No gale blown surprises here either, but nice to see a pair of

37 Long tailed Tit

visit the feeders this afternoon.

Attachments

• LtT 12.2.20.jpg
    LtT 12.2.20.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 33
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back