• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (15 Viewers)

Redhead Goosander flew south and adult Common Gull briefly at the Moors Pool as per Dave J; also 2 further Dunlin.

Last edited:
pleasant evening at the moors even in silhouette .

Attachments

• IMG_7502 (2).JPG
    IMG_7502 (2).JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7503 (2).JPG
    IMG_7503 (2).JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7505 (2).JPG
    IMG_7505 (2).JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7509 (2).JPG
    IMG_7509 (2).JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 30
19 snipe flew out in the dark, large number of wood pigeon over education res ,300+ starlings around the north moors.

Attachments

• IMG_7511 (2).JPG
    IMG_7511 (2).JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7517 (2).JPG
    IMG_7517 (2).JPG
    452.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7523 (2).JPG
    IMG_7523 (2).JPG
    375 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7524 (2).JPG
    IMG_7524 (2).JPG
    387.4 KB · Views: 23
November All dayer

A pretty low key affair with a handful of us taking part. Dave J. Andy P. Andy A .Phil W. Paul C. Kev H. Tim O and myself.
Both sides of the reserve were covered throughout the day.
We totalled 74 species. A few notable exceptions were Peregrine. Gadwall. Redpoll. Skylark. Collared dove and nuthatch.
Migrants on the day included Golden plover 12 (1 early am and 11 late on) in both sightings the birds never landed. Dunlin up to 8 individuals passed through. Goosander flew through the Moors.
Good numbers of waders were on site. Lapwing 510 min. Snipe 35. Curlew 12. Green sand 7 this evening.
BHG 700+ roosted overnight (Friday) but only 150 this evening. A common gull was the only scarce gull.
Raptor were sparrowhawk. Buzzard and kestrel.The little owl was in the delapidated barn at Flashes am and this evening. Large numbers of wood pigeons c1000 FLASHES this morning. 450 thrushes mostly redwing . Little egret 2 At Sailing Pool.
Other counts:
Whooper Swans 4. Mute swan 7 (FLASHES)
Little grebe 6. GCG 4 (sailing pool). Shoveler 19. Teal c65. Wigeon fem. Mallard 160 FLASHES am.
Pochard 8. Tufted 45.
Coot c100 total.
Stock dove I only saw 2!!. Green woodp. Great spotted w. Kingfisher. Raven Rook 2. Jay.
Cetti's w 3. Blackcap 2. Chiffchaff. Goldcrest 3. Coal tit 2. Meadow pipit 10+. Treecreeper.
Siskin. Linnet 6. Greenfinch 4. Bullfinch 4. Chafginch 10.
Starling c50.
Mistle thrush. Song thrush singing. Grey wag. Pied wag 4.

A pretty low key affair with a handful of us taking part. Dave J. Andy P. Andy A .Phil W. Paul C. Kev H. Tim O and myself.
Both sides of the reserve were covered throughout the day.
We totalled 74 species. A few notable exceptions were Peregrine. Gadwall. Redpoll. Skylark. Collared dove and nuthatch.
Migrants on the day included Golden plover 12 (1 early am and 11 late on) in both sightings the birds never landed. Dunlin up to 8 individuals passed through. Goosander flew through the Moors.
Good numbers of waders were on site. Lapwing 510 min. Snipe 35. Curlew 12. Green sand 7 this evening.
BHG 700+ roosted overnight (Friday) but only 150 this evening. A common gull was the only scarce gull.
Raptor were sparrowhawk. Buzzard and kestrel.The little owl was in the delapidated barn at Flashes am and this evening. Large numbers of wood pigeons c1000 FLASHES this morning. 450 thrushes mostly redwing . Little egret 2 At Sailing Pool.
Other counts:
Whooper Swans 4. Mute swan 7 (FLASHES)
Little grebe 6. GCG 4 (sailing pool). Shoveler 19. Teal c65. Wigeon fem. Mallard 160 FLASHES am.
Pochard 8. Tufted 45.
Coot c100 total.
Stock dove I only saw 2!!. Green woodp. Great spotted w. Kingfisher. Raven Rook 2. Jay.
Cetti's w 3. Blackcap 2. Chiffchaff. Goldcrest 3. Coal tit 2. Meadow pipit 10+. Treecreeper.
Siskin. Linnet 6. Greenfinch 4. Bullfinch 4. Chafginch 10.
Starling c50.
Mistle thrush. Song thrush singing. Grey wag. Pied wag 4.

John Layj recorded Gadwall on BirdTrack

Today's work party Moors

Tomorrow we will complete the opening up of Amy's Marsh. This involves pollarding willows in the South East corner of the reserve.

The following week we will be at the FLASHES...there to assist Nick the fencing contractor. Blackthorn along the line of the extended fence line will be removed.We will also be doing scrub management.

Tomorrow please meet at the East hide from 9ish.:t: john
Tony has made us cake :eat:B :)

From the Moors Pool today Andys A and P report:

Whooper Swan 4, Gadwall 2, Teal 30, Shoveler 32, Pochard 17, Tufted Duck 37, Shelduck 2, Little Grebe 6, Coot 50, Jack Snipe, female Goosander for a few minutes early afternoon before flying off north at 1:55pm.

From the Flashes today Andy P reports:

2 Shelduck (later at the Moors Pool), 505 Lapwing, 12 Curlew, 209 Canada Geese, c50 Greylag Geese, 19 Teal, Peregrine, Grey Wagtail, 100+ Redwing, 10 Fieldfare.

Also a drake Pochard, 6 GC Grebe and 42 Coot at Sailing Pool

From the Moors Pool today Andys A and P report:

Whooper Swan 4, Gadwall 2, Teal 30, Shoveler 32, Pochard 17, Tufted Duck 37, Shelduck 2, Little Grebe 6, Coot 50, Jack Snipe, female Goosander for a few minutes early afternoon before flying off north at 1:55pm.

Also 18 Common Snipe and 2 Coal Tits at the North Moors feeder station. No Common Snipe seen by Phil W and I at the Flashes this morning.

From the Flashes early morning Andy P reports:

c200 Canada Geese, c100 BH Gull, c450 Lapwing, 12 Curlew, 15 Mallard, 1 Teal, Cetti's Warbler, Sparrowhawk, 2 Peregrines.

From the Moors Pool early morning JTB reports:

Whooper Swan 4. Little grebe 5. Shoveler 20. Teal 32. Pochard 15+. Tufted 35. Snipe 8. Curlew .lapwing 350.

Also 18 Teal on the Hen Pool as per Andy P.

From the Moors Pool early morning JTB reports:

Whooper Swan 4. Little grebe 5. Shoveler 20. Teal 32. Pochard 15+. Tufted 35. Snipe 8. Curlew .lapwing 350.

Also 18 Teal on the Hen Pool as per Andy P.

In addition
Little egret 2. Shoveler 26. Pochard 21. Shelduck.
Cormorant 30+.
Curlew 9. . Coot 55.
Starling 350 circled at 4.15pm but I left then . They looked like they were going to roost
John :t:

Work party

Thanks to the crew today.
We completed the willow pollarding project along the East and south east section of the Moors.

This project has now opened up the area and as well as helping the thorn scrub to thrive, it will benefit waders from suprise attacks from avian predators.

Thanks to all 16.
Andy A. Bob O. Bobby P. Bob R. Charles. Graham L. Ian Joh. Ian New. Julie W. Keith M. Kim W. Paul M. Roger S. Terry W. Tony B and me.
Also thanks To Bob O and Tony B for the cakes :eat:

Also I have found a pair of gloves I will keep them on my car and give you them next week:t:

Last edited:
Thanks to the crew today.
We completed the willow pollarding project along the East and south east section of the Moors.

This project has now opened up the area and as well as helping the thorn scrub to thrive, it will benefit waders from suprise attacks from avian predators.

Thanks to all 16.
Andy A. Bob O. Bobby P. Bob R. Charles. Graham L. Ian Joh. Ian New. Julie W. Keith M. Kim W. Paul M. Roger S. Terry W. Tony B and me.
Also thanks To Bob O and Tony B for the cakes :eat:

Also I have found a pair of gloves I will keep them on my car and give you them next week:t:

Photos on Twitter look good 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back