• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

C 7D and TZ8 for Africa? (1 Viewer)

Helen O

Anything that flies
United Kingdom
I'm off to Swaziland early June for a reunion (used to live there many moons ago) however during the couple days I have free, I plan on visiting one of the small game reserves and generally have a mooch around at the wild/bird life.

I use a Canon 7D with the obligatory 100-400 lens, however I also have a small pocket camera - the Panasonic TZ8.

My question is, will my little pocket camera suffice? Is there a better one on the market, at a reasonable price that I should be 'upgrading' to? I am very happy with it for taking snapshots, but thought that if I am to upgrade, then now is as good a time as any.

Thanks.

Helen,
I took the Panasonic TZ-60 with longe range Leica zoom lens and image stabilisation with e to our trip to Africa. It has a very good screen, but also (very handy in high light conditions) an excellent optical view finder. It is compact and very pleasant to use. It has also a nice close focus opportunity, so we were (and still are) very happy with it. The quality of the pictures was excellent.
Gijs van Ginkel

Thanks Gijs. Good point ref the view finder too. It will make a change taking photos in decent light, I am used to low light conditions most of the time.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back