• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Central Ohio Owls (1 Viewer)

OwlEyes25

Hello,

I have always loved the sight of owls. When I was younger, we had an owl that would land on our deck nightly to socialize with us. The owl was never timid or demanding food. Almost a pet, but more a companion.

Onward. I live in central Ohio suburbs and need the help of the bird loving community. I was thinking about building an owl box to support the local population. I know Ohio owls are not too picky about their box, but which owl would be the most eligible tenant in the suburbs? I live in a neighborhood with mature trees but many houses.

I have a tree to mount a box, but I cannot see this area from inside. My neighbor has a tree that I can clearly see from inside, and it partially overhangs my property. In Ohio, I have the legal rights to maintain the parts of that tree that overhang my property. Do I have the legal rights to mount a box on the part of the tree that overhangs my property?

Thanks for the input!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back