• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swan Killed and Barbecued (1 Viewer)

Shooting, killing for sport and the table - I live in SW France and have to put it with the French and the Spanish who will soon step up their all year round massacre of anything that has two wings, however small

Comment withdrawn, apart from the carp side, where IT IS a delicacy to certain Eastern Europeans, but apart from actually arresting 3 suspects for theft of carp (dead in their van), during my previous life, I have no other knowledge.

A friend of mine fishes regularly on the Jubilee river, he's certainly seen evidence of large birds being cooked and eaten over open fires as we've spoken about it in the past!

Indeed.

Anyway we actually need people to eat all these introduced waterfowl which contribute to the massive problems of eutrophication on our inland waterways. They can have the squirrels, deer and introduced fish too... Oh and the Pheasants...

As well as Ruddy Ducks, Ring necked Parakeet and dare I mention... Little owl.

Clearly illegal. But despite the laws, surely no worse in reality than poachers taking a salmon, or deer – which wouldn't feature on BBC News! Unless anyone's still serious about Mute Swans being 'owned' by the Crown...

Totally agree, would much rather it happened to Canada Geese mind.

Can't see why Little Owls should come under threat during Diwali any more than they would at Passover or Saint I-was-a-really-weird-bugger Day. Perhaps someone could explain what the link between the East Midlands ( what about the West Midlands, the North-west, Yorkshire, East and West London, etc. etc?.) and the behaviour of a sect in India is? o:D

Chris

Last edited:
Comment withdrawn, apart from the carp side, were IT IS a delicacy to certain Eastern Europeans, but apart from actually arresting 3 suspects for theft of carp (dead in their van), during my previous life, I have no other knowledge.

Arrested 3 suspects . Bloody hell! Irrefutable proof that all the world's ills are solely the fault of East Europeans.

Chris

p.s. I live on the Wirral so you are actually an Eastern European, in relation to me. Care to comment? Or are you to busy stuffing your face with our British Carp? See how ridiculous your sweeping generalities are?

C

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back