Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Discover the ZEISS Digital Nature Hub

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Field guide for Spain

Old Tuesday 11th April 2006, 12:39   #1
Lizzy y

Field guide for Spain

Hi,
i am travelling over to Murcia, Spain quite regularly this year and would like a field guide that would cover the area. i have the Collins field guide to Britain and Northern Europe, but would like something a bit more area specific as i have had trouble identifing the birds i saw on my last trip.

thanks for your help

Lizzy
Old Tuesday 11th April 2006, 12:47   #2
Pie Face

You won't get a better book than the Collins Lizzy. The best that you could do is get a decent where to watch guide (depends on what area of Spain you're visiting) at least this would give you a rough idea of the species that you are likely to come across.

Mark
Old Tuesday 11th April 2006, 14:32   #3
Andrew Rowlands

Hi Lizzy, welcome to Birdforum, from all the staff here.

I think the Collins that Mark refers to, and the one I'd recommend, is the one reviewed by Charlie Moores >here<

Cheers,

Andy.

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 11th April 2006, 14:42   #4
Lizzy y

Hi,
i have the Collins bird guide and have found it very useful. the main problem i have is that i am doing field research and therefore have a lot of equipement to carry round making me unable to take my binoculars with me. Also i am not a highly knowledgable birdwatcher and so need something to reduce the number of possiblities for me.

Lizzy
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: