Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Discover the ZEISS Digital Nature Hub

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Collins Field Guide

Old Saturday 24th June 2006, 20:57   #1
Pavel Cerny

Collins Field Guide

Hi, I´m going to buy BIRD NESTS, EGGS AND NESTLINGS OF BRITAIN AND EUROPE from Collins Field Guide edition but I can´t find any reviews on it.
So I would like to know what do you think about this book.
Thanks
Pavel
Old Saturday 24th June 2006, 22:03   #2
colonelboris
Right way up again

Dobrư večer, Pavel.

I've not heard of it, but I did find a review on Amazon, although that's hardly authoritative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
3 of 4 people found the following review helpful:

Not quite what it could have been., 9 Oct 2002

Reviewer: A reader

This guide covers a huge number of species and as a result I feel that it has lost some of its value to british based ornithologists. The plates do not cover all species and so do not allow full comparisons of nestlings and eggs. The information regarding the nest site is sometimes basic, just as much or even more is already available in "the Birds of the Western Palearctic". It's useful to have a lot of information collected in one place, but surely it would have been better to have more detailed information on a narrower range of species. The plates are of an excellent standard however.
Hope that's of some help to you.
Na shledanou,

BF Supporter 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: