• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Planning Trinidad & Tobago trip (1 Viewer)

DJA

:hi: Hi! Can anyone help? We're planning a trip to Trinidad & Tabago for sometime next year and would be sincerly greatful for any advice from UK birders that have been there and experienced these Islands.
I've read somewhere that their electric sockets don't take universal plug adapters, so we won't be able to re-charge our camera batteries. Is this true?

B :) Drink awaits you on the Asa Wright veranda!

Hi DJA,

I can't remember is user name but, we have a member living there. He posts pictures to our gallery. I'll try and remember his name.

dennis

Thanks to the both of you for that info. Something to be chaseing up later today. I realy should be getting back to work now!

Hi DJA,

The standard power over here is similar to the US: 60Hz, 120V and the plug style is the same as the US. I have attached an image of the standard plug.

Have you linked up with any of the local birders ? Make sure you go to the following:

Waterloo (Brickfield area)
Caroni Swamp
Asa Wright
Aripo/Wallerfield
Pax Vale

Also, if you can arrange it, a trip to a small island called Little Tobago may be worth it. I intend to go there soon.

Happy Birding!

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 261
Thanks rka for the information, Same as the US you say, thats good news as we have the appropiate adapters from when we were Birding in Florida, and the photo looks familiar. Only I was getting worried we'ed lose all power in our batteries and would'nt be able to take photos of your wonderful Hummingbirds and of cause the Ibis at Caroni Swamp

Last edited:
Hi DJA,
I'm going to Tobago next Monday for two weeks. Would you, or anyone else, like me to write a trip list? If anyone else has a Tobago trip list I would be interested in reading it.

Tabago Trip list

Hi! carldeabreu, Thanks! that would be great of you if you could do that. I look forward to reading it when you get back. Wife and I wish we were going with you.
Have a great time.....the thought of all them lifers.
Catch you again.

Trinidad & Tobago

Hi DJA

I was on a cricket tour of the West Indies from 13th April - 5th May this year. I spent 10 days in Tobago and 3 days in Trinidad.
Tobago I Hired a guide called Newton George, type his name into Google, he was excellent. He charged my around US $30-50 for 5-6 hours birding, this included transport. We were based at the Crown Point Hotel which is in the south of the island. Very good sea watching from the verandas.
Trinidad I booked my accommodation through Wildwings, again type this name in Google, for 3 nights at the Asa Wright Lodge. 3 nights gets you the free morning guided walk around the grounds and the Oil bird tour. I also booked on a number of tours away from the lodge, good value for money. My only negative comment was that 3 nights at Asa Wright is not long enough, I would recommend at least 5. I have attached my check lists.

Regards

Gary

Attachments

• Tobago.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 352
  • Trinidad.doc
    46 KB · Views: 485
Hi Gary and welcome to Bird Forum from the moderators and Admin.
I look forward to hearing more about your birding activities,not least because we need all the cricket lovers that we can get!
The W'Indies obviously offer a lot for birders,judging by your trip lists.

Thanks Gary for your info, The wife and I are collecting as much info on the subject as we can for our trip of a life time. WOW! What a list! be like a kid in a sweet shop.
I'll check the two websites you mentioned once again thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back