• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kunkilling forest acces & Egyptian plover & ferry crossings (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

I have booked a holiday to Gambia for Februari. I am planning on visiting the interior on my own with a rented 4x4. I have some questions however.

- How can you acces the Kunkilling forest best? Gosney just gives a coordinate from the closest road. Some people use a boat to get there and i also found some info that you need a permit to get there. Does someone know what the best way is to get there and if a permit is needed?

- Are there still Egyptian plovers around in Februari? I know that they leave the famous sites near Kau-ur etc around december upriver. I cannot find if they are still near Basse, or if they have left for Senegal in Februari.

- Is is better to cross the river near Farfenni or should i use the Barra-Banjul ferry? I don't see any bird sightings on observado or ebird for the area barra-farfenni, but the area looks quite good on Google Earth. Does someone know if it is a nice area to watch birds? Or should i use the serrakunda-some road twice?

Regards,
Thijs

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back