• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nest box camera (1 Viewer)

James Day

I am looking to buy a camera/nest box for a primary school to use. Does anyne have any experience or recommendations? I am looking to buy a package, rather than a DIY job.
I have looked at the eco-watch and gardenature web sites, very different prices!
The eco-watch site offers an extra "teacher zone" whereas the Gardenature box can be swapped into a bird feeder later in the season.

Also I would like to get the picture onto the school web site.

I hope I am not repeating any previous threads

thanks

Hi James,
Try Nature Cameras web site, I know somebody who has a wireless system from them and they are very happy with it.

Chris.

Nest box camera

Hi James,

As you have probably found, there are a few around. Have you tried Handykam bird box camera kit. They seem to offer a complete kit for an amazing price. We bought one and have managed to get a pair of Blue tits to move in after a few days. I can imagine the nest box camera kit to be educative and lots of fun too.....we have found it very educative and we are considered 'old'. Then, you are never too old to learn.

Sparrow99

Hi Masey, as far as I gather you connect a transmitter to the camera that is on the box. The transmitter can then be picked up on a "licence-free" frequency by you TV aerial. The problem can be the distance transmitted - sometimes quoted as 100m and often less! Also, if you want to go mains-free as well then there is the extra cost of a recgargable battery pack and spare battery.
There's a lot of choice hence my confusion and need for advice.

Check this out for info - from the above HandyKam web site - very useful.

http://www.handykam.com/information/wildlife-product-articles/wired-or-wireless-nestbox-camera.html

thanks Sparrow99

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back