• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cormorant Cull Petition (1 Viewer)

No, neither do I. What confused me a little was the Capt's insistance that cormorants were considered endangered, and that numbers were as low as 'around 2200 birds' in the 1970, neither of which statements appears to be true.

Cheers
Jonathan

Yes Jonathan, but why let the truth spoil a good argument? Easier to bluff and hope no one challenges the statements. Maybe future contributions will have some factual basis...doubt it though.

No, neither do I. What confused me a little was the Capt's insistance that cormorants were considered endangered, and that numbers were as low as 'around 2200 birds' in the 1970, neither of which statements appears to be true.

Cheers
Jonathan

I was looking into that at lunch yesterday, but ran out of time. I checked a few articles and websites, 2 of which seemed useful in general and one of which was more anti-corm propaganda.

HOwever, I wasnt able to corroborate the 2200 number stated.

Eh ?
Of course, I forgot, RSPB members aren't birders, are they ? Just Robin-strokers.

I'd like to bet that a very significant perecentage of RSPB members are Robin strokers of course not all are though, after all i'm an RSPB member.

What's a "robin stroker". I did search and it appears to be a semi-derogatory term for someone falling into a sub-category of bird-watcher.

What's a "robin stroker". I did search and it appears to be a semi-derogatory term for someone falling into a sub-category of bird-watcher.

That is correct.

When I read your post I had an image of Data from Star Trek saying it.:-O Excellent.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back