• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (9 Viewers)

Thankyou both
having a go at some of my garden visitors this weekend, starting with Black Redstarts .Grey waggies,pied waggies and more.
Sketches for water colour

Attachments

• L1140693.jpg
    L1140693.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 40
A sugared almond of a drawing there Arthur, all delicate, pastel sweetness and delicious to boot!

Redstarts have started great and you know I love a waggy so I'm waiting in anticipation of a sheet of drawings, don't make me wait too long!

Mike

I love the redstarts, all of them look great and I can't choose a favourite (though I think it's between the bottom two). Your lucky to have them in the garden too!

Gotta say how much I like the barny too. Clearly the barn owl is the important thing here, but I don't think I can leave without mentioning the grass, it's unbelievably grassy!

Another lovely sheet of drawings Arthur - you've achieved a very subtle and beautiful lighting effect on these, particularly the top right bird.

All this in just a few days? You've been busy!! The pencil drawing with the shorebird and all of the delicate grasses is my favorite. The habitat coming in from the right is perfectly placed. Great piece!

Thankyou Peter, purely by accident I can assure you.
some done on the waggies

Water colour on 1/2 imp.

Attachments

• L1140735.jpg
    L1140735.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 48
  • L1140759.jpg
    L1140759.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi Arthur, I've not had much time to add comments lately, but these sheets you've been doing are beautiful. Loved the owl also.

Des.

I love a waggy and these studies capture 'em brilliantly. Delicate and busy looking, wonderful colours and attitude, some of your very best Arthur.

Mike

some superb work, the shank is just sublime - so well done! And another TWO sheets of superb poses to rival your stonies.

Love the wagtails, especially the top left that looks like it's out for a stroll and bottom right I like the angle of the bird.

Wow wow wow! Those gray wags are so pretty and delicate and real looking! Just love them! And the barnie and the black redstart from the previous page were a joy to view as well. :)

Elina

Ta all.
Coming home about midday to these in the garden.(sorry Mike )They stayed for about 20 minutes.Got some great phots for ref. and a bit of sketch time
before they went. Another nice garden tick for this year.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 56
  • L1140929.jpg
    L1140929.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 56
  • L1140932.jpg
    L1140932.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 51
Ta all.
Coming home about midday to these in the garden.(sorry Mike )They stayed for about 20 minutes.Got some great phots for ref. and a bit of sketch time
before they went. Another nice garden tick for this year.

AHRGH! Send them my way RIGHT NOW!

Fabulous sketches of fabulous birds.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back