• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

La Gomera (1 Viewer)

AlanR

Bird photographer
United Kingdom
It's probably really simple but I don't know how to do it:
Could someone, please add and entry for the Canary Island:
La Gomera
and re-direct it to the excellent article at:
Gomera
Thanks,
Alan
[I had a pleasant two weeks there recently and only 95% of the birds were Canaries!]

Ah! Hi Alan

Do I take it the correct title for the article should be La Gomera? If so I can simply re-name that article.

Is this what you are wanting?

D

Ah! Hi Alan

Do I take it the correct title for the article should be La Gomera? If so I can simply re-name that article.

Is this what you are wanting?

D
As far as I know the island is always called La Gomera so perhaps that would be best.
Alan

As far as I know the island is always called La Gomera so perhaps that would be best.
Alan

OK thanks Alan, I'll re-name it.

For future reference, though, if you want to do a Re-direct, this is the code:

#REDIRECT [[Insert correct page title here]], so you'd search for, say, Gomera, click on the orange link (as the page wouldn't be found), put in the re-direct coding, then type in La Gomera between the brackets.

Did you happen to get any nice habitat-type pictures whilst you were over there - the article could do with one or two?

D

OK thanks Alan, I'll re-name it.

For future reference, though, if you want to do a Re-direct, this is the code:

#REDIRECT [[Insert correct page title here]], so you'd search for, say, Gomera, click on the orange link (as the page wouldn't be found), put in the re-direct coding, then type in La Gomera between the brackets.

Did you happen to get any nice habitat-type pictures whilst you were over there - the article could do with one or two?

D
Thanks.
I will have a go at:
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/220814/ppuser/49974
and see if I have any others.

OK, I have put three pictures up.
The code you give NEVER works first time for me.
I always go back through the Gallery of recent file uploads, then Copy FILENAME.jpg and Paste it back into the editing process.
Maybe it takes a couple of minutes to know it has the file!
Alan

OK, I have put three pictures up.
The code you give NEVER works first time for me.
I always go back through the Gallery of recent file uploads, then Copy FILENAME.jpg and Paste it back into the editing process.
Maybe it takes a couple of minutes to know it has the file!
Alan

That page looks great now Alan, thanks.

LOL what you have done is exactly what you need to do, i.e. replace FILENAME with the actual name of the file you uploaded.

Sorry if I didn't explain that :gh:

D

That page looks great now Alan, thanks.

LOL what you have done is exactly what you need to do, i.e. replace FILENAME with the actual name of the file you uploaded.

Sorry if I didn't explain that :gh:

D
I do use the right name and it doesn't work. Then I paste in an exact copy of the name and it does work. Spooky!
Alan

Strange that Alan, it appears that the .JPG is case sensitive, didn't realise that; I suppose because I've always copied/pasted the filename from the Image upload I've never noticed.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back