• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TS9? (1 Viewer)

slingworks

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here has used or uses a Kowa TS9? I have seen a couple around and as thinking it may make a decent field scope.

If anyone has any thoughts or experience, I would be interested.

How do they compare with a Bushnell Spacemaster or Nikon Field Scope in 60mm? Are they still made by Kowa?

Hi,

I have a straight TS-9 with the 20x EP which I got quite cheap - small and light on a very light carbon tripod - less than 2kg total.

The view is good, but 50mm and single coating means it's not the brightest view... adequate in good light but not really great for dusk or grey days... I think a 60mm Fieldscope ED is another class.

These are long out of production, they were still being made for the first few years after the TSN-1/2 came out but production stopped in the 90s.

Joachim

slingworks,

The TS-9 was an inexpensive scope. I've got an old Christophers, Ltd price list from 1992 that lists the straight version with an 11-33x zoom for $193.00 and the angled version with zoom for $223.00. The 20x eyepiece was $28.95.

I had one briefly. I recall it as being no better than you would expect for the type and price.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back