• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Astroscope + DSLR = Gallery! (1 Viewer)

Some photos taken during the shortest day of the year. From now on, it can only get brighter :)

E-M5, TLAPO 804 (480mm, F/6)

Attachments

• PC210025.jpg
    PC210025.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 84
  • PC210061.jpg
    PC210061.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 78
Was blessed with a bit of snow on xmas night

I managed to get the newly flocked Tecnosky 80/480 f6 out... was using a kenko 2x converter here... Guys I am happy about the flock job

Attachments

• julepip_MG_9901.jpg
    julepip_MG_9901.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 82
Normally this guy should have left southward by now, wonder if he regrets that decission. tecnosky 80/480 f6 +2x teleconverter

Attachments

• stær_MG_9854.jpg
    stær_MG_9854.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 85
LTTs

I observed that the LTTs are feeding on the sap from Beech buds, so finding more of them should be relatively easy.
TLAPO 804, EM-5

Attachments

• PC250045.jpg
    PC250045.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 70
  • PC250051.jpg
    PC250051.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 67
Treecreeper

A nightmare to track and get sharp shots of. My best result so far with the scope.

TLAPO804
E-M5

Attachments

• PC250078.jpg
    PC250078.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 94
I observed that the LTTs are feeding on the sap from Beech buds, so finding more of them should be relatively easy.
TLAPO 804, EM-5

I found them today... but was too dark. I live right next to the biggest beech forest in Denmark...actually you do too :) it is Pinseskoven in Amager.

The treecreeper looks good to me, had it just turned its head alittle for abit of eye reflection:)

common kestrel
canon 7D, tecnosky 80/480 triplet + kenko DGX 2x teleconverter
distance: 70-100m estimate: heavy crop

First bird attempt using focus peaking on the 7D... Think result came out fine distance considered

Attachments

• tårnfalk_MG_0058.jpg
    tårnfalk_MG_0058.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
White-throated Dipper

A species rarely seen around my home place.

Spent a while patiently waiting for this guy to return and pose nicely, as the sun was about to die. The creek is surrounded by thick vegetation but this one turned out OK I think.

TLAPO804
E-M5 ISO800 1/40s

Attachments

• Dipper.JPG
    Dipper.JPG
    895.9 KB · Views: 122
A species rarely seen around my home place.

Spent a while patiently waiting for this guy to return and pose nicely, as the sun was about to die. The creek is surrounded by thick vegetation but this one turned out OK I think.

TLAPO804
E-M5 ISO800 1/40s
Nice catch !

It's getting to that time of the year when I tend to use my scope the most, the start of spring and into early summer. I got the scope out of the garage and dusted off the cobwebs at the weekend after not using it for around 6 months. It's coming up to nesting season and that tends to give loads of photo opportunities so I'm just getting in some early practice. :)

That Dunnock is one of a pair I have in the garden and they started nest building last week. It's a lucky survivor as it flew into a window last Friday. It was knocked unconscious for about 20 minutes and just lay on its back although I could see it was still breathing. I didn't touch it just to save any further stress. Eventually it came round and flipped over onto its feet and just sat for about another hour. Eventually it went off into the undergrowth and thankfully seems to be fine.

SW80ED + Nikon D3300

Paul.

Attachments

• Dunnock.jpg
    Dunnock.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Tit1.jpg
    Tit1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Tit2.jpg
    Tit2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 74
Nice exposure focus and image detail Paul. The ground here still has a snow cover as I wait for the sw80ed. The quality of your images make me impatient. Do you find images require much post processing beyond brightness and contrast?

Nice exposure focus and image detail Paul. The ground here still has a snow cover as I wait for the sw80ed. The quality of your images make me impatient. Do you find images require much post processing beyond brightness and contrast?

To be honest, no they don't. I opened these up in Lightroom, adjusted the contrast and boosted the saturation a little and that was it. I leave the sharpness settings in Lightroom on the default setting. The Dunnock was from around 7m and the photo is only lightly cropped. The Blue Tit was around 12m and it was cropped quite heavily, maybe 80% or more. ISO was 1600 for all three images as I was having to quickly switch from birds in dark shade to birds in full sunlight.

Paul.

Some test shots with my telescope. Milky Stork at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.
530mm f5 with a 2x power mate

Attachments

• IMG_20150311_110159.jpg
    IMG_20150311_110159.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 84
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back