• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weaver from Zakouma National Park, Chad (1 Viewer)

michael-ibk

Taken first week of March. Little Weaver, Vitelline Masked Weaver, "African Masked Weaver", Heuglin´s Masked Weaver, Village Weaver, Black-Headed Weaver are on the official park list. Orange Weaver, Spectacled Weaver, Compact Weaver, Baglafecth Weaver, Dark-Backed Weaver, Black-Necked Weaver occur at least close to Chad according to Birds of Africa South of the Sahara. I would have said Heuglin´s Masked (black bill, pinkish legs, pale eyes) but the back should be plain for that one. Does not seem to be the case for this specimen. Same problem for Black-Headed Weaver. Really at a loss here.

Attachments

• large.5ab69d592a8e1_Zakouma_994_HeuglinsMaskedWeaver_(Heuglinweber).JPG.09817e787d72a3a983fffbb2d5a6
    244.5 KB · Views: 16
Sorry, no idea why it´s not displayed properly, did not do anything different than usual. Does it open for anybody else?

Attachments

• large.5ab69d592a8e1_Zakouma_994_HeuglinsMaskedWeaver_(Heuglinweber).JPG.09817e787d72a3a983fffbb2d5a6
    244.5 KB · Views: 9
I think maybe your file name is too long? It also doesn't end in one of the recognized image extensions, although jpg does apper in the name. This one doesn't work either. I would suggest changing the file name to something short (with jpg as the extension) before trying again.

Andrea

Hi Andrea, you´re everywhere! Took this from Safaritalk as usual where I host them. But you´re right, I renamed the file, uploaded it again, and voila, now it seems to work - thanks!

Attachments

• large.Weaver.JPG.10214444952321082afc0fc791028723.JPG
    large.Weaver.JPG.10214444952321082afc0fc791028723.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 7
Here you go.
Agree with Black-headed Weaver.

EDIT: sorry, just uploaded your image after making some changes, but I was too slow and you had also uploaded it yourself. Cross-posted with your message...!

Attachments

• Zakouma_994_HeuglinsMaskedWeaver.jpg
    Zakouma_994_HeuglinsMaskedWeaver.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Werzik, thank you, and you too Raphael, especially for going to the trouble of uploading the picture yourself.

Sorry for responding so late. Could I ask why you think this is Black-Headed Weaver?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back