• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (1 Viewer)

john barclay said:
Nice one, Arthur. How long have you been drawing and were you taught...art school etc.

John.

thanks Vecta & John,
I've been doodling all my life. Now retired I have the time. No I have never been taught art, it just evolved over the years. arthur

Very nice indeed, wagtails do lend themselves to black and white. One of my favourite birds too!

Woody

ARTHUR BISHOP said:
More practice drawings Song Thrush's before painting.

Really like these Arthur,an absolute a joy to look at...

Thanks for sharing them with us, great gallery too!

Matt

Last edited:
Smashing drawings. Full of jizz and character. Really like black and white work and thiese are great. Thanks for posting.

now in colour

the Song Thrush now in colour 21" x 14"

Attachments

• thr6.jpg
    thr6.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 487
  • thr5.jpg
    thr5.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 539
  • thr4.jpg
    thr4.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 551
What a transformation ,really like these multiple posture/movement studies.

Would like to see more of this approach in guide books,the true mannerisms of birds are very difficult to portray in just a single picture.

Matt

Two little visitors

A sketch of two little visitors who popped in to rest on my grass for ten minutes last Nov. after strong winds.

Attachments

• Little Auks.jpg
    Little Auks.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 675
ARTHUR BISHOP said:
A sketch of two little visitors who popped in to rest on my grass for ten minutes last Nov. after strong winds.
Little auks on a lawn - now that is a good record - and I love the lower right hand bird, wing raising. It's really well done, Arthur.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back