• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pigeon Shoots In Pennsylvania (1 Viewer)

Mitchelle

This may be old news to a lot you, but I just found out about it.

"Pigeon shoots are competitions wherein hundreds to thousands of live birds are shot at to win prizes. A typical 3-day shoot contest can kill and injure up to 15,000 birds."

http://www.sharkonline.org/?P=0000000854

There is a way to express disapproval.

"Pennsylvania claims the pigeon shoots are necessary, because pigeons carry disease, yet they have children loading pigeon boxes before they are released and shot, and working with pigeons all day long. Children collect 1000's of dead and bloody and wounded birds after they have been shot.

Pigeon Hunters hire children to finish the birds off by slamming or stomping the birds and ripping the birds head off. Children toss birds into barrels while many are still alive.

These birds aren't killed for food. They aren't killed because of the "disease" risk, either, or they wouldn't have children handling the birds. They are killed simple because a group of hunters enjoys killing."

See:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/767/444/807/tell-pensylvania-ban-pigeon-shoots/

Mitchelle, a lot of human behaviour with birds and animals is sickening, if you care, and obviously you do, you're going to have a rough ride through life, you're not alone, far from it, keep up the good work and bless you, I hope you don't become jaded.

Mitchelle, a lot of human behaviour with birds and animals is sickening, if you care, and obviously you do, you're going to have a rough ride through life, you're not alone, far from it, keep up the good work and bless you, I hope you don't become jaded.

Keith, I appreciate your comment. I like to be blessed by good people. You made my day. Thanks for your understanding of where I'm coming from and the warning.

Still, I've got to say, "Hey, you pigeon shooters, may you please stop shooting the pigoens."

Petition signed.

If the pigeons really do carry, and therefore spread, disease then there is more to this than animal cruelty. As adults are encouraging/employing them to handle the birds, there is clearly blatant, child abuse.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back