• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendations for September visit (1 Viewer)

jbower47

I'll be taking an anniversary trip to the Montego Bay area at the end of September. Birding will definitely not be the point of the trip, but I'm hoping to carve out a couple hours some morning since all the endemics and many of the other species would be lifers for me. My wife will be content to lay on the beach all vacation, but I need to get out and see things! I know it's not the best time to be there, or the best place in Jamaica to be, etc, but I'm hoping to see a few things anyway.

Besides Rockland, which seems to be on everyone's list, where else should I be looking in the Montego Bay area during this non-ideal time frame? It's unlikely I'll be able to travel any great distance.

Any recommendations for must sees, or good guides who might do just a morning excursion, or what have you?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back