• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peru - Cock-of-the-rock lodge iv (1 Viewer)

Nickk

Photos taken at and near the lodge in April

Attachments

• Untitled6.jpg
    Untitled6.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 23
  • Untitled7.jpg
    Untitled7.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Untitled8.jpg
    Untitled8.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Untitled9.jpg
    Untitled9.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Untitled10.jpg
    Untitled10.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 35
I think: white-eyed parakeet, plumbeous pigeon, olive-backed woodcreeper, montane foliage-gleaner, yellow-breasted warbling-antbird

How about Three-striped Warbler for #5

On reflection, think you're probably right assuming it's all one bird. I was very influenced by the left hand inset which has an antwren look about it for me. That one (especially) also lacks the dark cheek and longer tail of the warbler. But looking at the main pic again I can see a uniform olive wing pattern with no hint of spots and this should be definitive. (Uniform pale yellow unds is better for the warbler too, as is lack of breast streaking although some antbirds seem paler/more uniform.)

On the final bird - To me it looks a warbler or greenlet at first glance and not an Antbird. In addition to other things mentioned above, Warbling-Antbirds have undertail patterns that this bird lacks. I think Three-striped Warbler is a good call and looks correct.

I agree with the other IDs though for the 4th pic it's not a great pic and there are some similar looking species in the area. Montane should be the most common Foliage-Gleaner by a mile, and that's probably what it is, but the photo leaves a lot to be desired :)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back