• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyebrowed Thrush in Norolk (1 Viewer)

Are there many listers than don't put their list on the Dutch List rankings?
In Britain BUBO is I suppose similar to the Dutch Listing website, but it has lots of big listers missing.
I think most active listers are on there, definitely the top ones. I have never heard anyone complain that the list is kept up-to-date for them (which must happen for some: there are a few deceased listers who get the odd posthumous tick). A few lists are contentious (I believe one top lister has strung Pallas's Grasshopper-Warbler [bold edited by me]), but that's no reason to start a fight...
Sadly we've got one of the top 10 on BUBO. Shame about the stringing.
A bad choice of words there by Garry. I think he meant:
Sadly we've got only one of the top 10 on Bubo (it would be nice to have all of them).
Shame about the stringing in the Dutch list.

I can see why Steve was struck by this comment, but no one else needs to pounce on Garry for an unfortunate phrase.

A bad choice of words there by Garry. I think he meant:
Sadly we've got only one of the top 10 on Bubo (it would be nice to have all of them).
Shame about the stringing in the Dutch list.

I can see why Steve was struck by this comment, but no one else needs to pounce on Garry for an unfortunate phrase.

Just to clarfiy a few things. All postings on BF are made by me (Garry Bagnell). I have not given my password out to anyone, it may have been guessed by someone, so I will change it later tonight.

The Top 10 lister I was referrng to is Steve Webb. The stringing comment was not referring to Steve Webb, but to whoever is doing the stringing in Holland that Xenospiza mentioned.

The programme I mentioned yesterday doesn't include LGRE and if the programme makers eventually persuade him to join, I will not be willing to be shown as someone that needs LGRE's permission to tick a bird. I cringe when I watch the whole Azorean Yellow-legged Gull scene.

I like the UK400 taxonomy and I also like the way decisions are made quickly. If the Eastern Black Redstart is elevated to a full species, I'm sure the UK400club will announce it first.

All phonecalls I made to other birders during the filming, were not used. They only wanted to show the calls I made to LGRE, because he was central to the whole way the programme was eventually edited.

Cheers

Just to clarfiy a few things. All postings on BF are made by me (Garry Bagnell). I have not given my password out to anyone, it may have been guessed by someone, so I will change it later tonight.

Cheers

Can you just clarify, are you saying someone has guessed your password and added comments? If so which ones?
Cheers

Can you just clarify, are you saying someone has guessed your password and added comments? If so which ones?
Cheers

All comments are mine.

There is a rumour circulating that people are logging in as me. I don't think anyone is, my password is secret and I've changed it tonight.

I like the UK400 taxonomy and I also like the way decisions are made quickly. If the Eastern Black Redstart is elevated to a full species, I'm sure the UK400club will announce it first

Garry.
The UK 400 club are not responsible for deciding what gets full species status. They may, however, making a unilateral decision to award Eastern Black Redstart full species status - in the same way they have awarded full species status to Pied Wagtail whereas other authorities currently recognise it as a race of White Wagtail.

Gary. If somebody was to log in as you it would show as having a different ip address. Softwear is very clever these days and individual ip addresses of all bf users would be recorded. Smart move to change your password though.

I think his password was "grubbycarpet" but that may be an old one (both the password and the carpet).

cheers, a

I thought the Brit Obsession TV prog was excellent. It showed Brit Twiching as it is to a large extent IMHO. Gary, if you want to be taken seriously don't appear in the next one... although I hope you do coz you're excellent value. I'm still laughing now. Didn't realise you and Lee were such good dancers. It really is you and Lee isn't it?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back