• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birders Yearlist Challenge (1 Viewer)

Seeing the first Starling (there's hardly any flocks present in the city in the moment, which is a tad strange) of the year now brings my year list to 23, an increase of 1 species. Please change it to this total rather than 22.

I'm on 51 now after a pied wagtail yesterday and flock of fieldfares today.
Have a day off school on friday so if I can wake up should be able to add some more.

didn't get out today due to snow so have only been garden birding. Had 2 decent birds today which surprised me. A female siskin visit briefly, second garden record and my first coal tit of the year was around.

1st) Robert Williamson (Norfolk, GB) - 108 species *Poss. 109*
2nd) Zac Hinchcliffe (Lancashire, GB) - 83 species
3rd) Ash1456 (Cornwall, GB) - 79 species
4th) Jonny721 (Lancashire, GB) - 70 species
5th) Billsbirding (Surrey, GB) - 62 species
6th) Dark Knight (Kent, GB) - 61 species
7th) Loufish (London, GB) - 51 species
8th) Birding Maniac (GB) - 46 species
9th) nrg800 (AU) - 42 species
10th) Joseph N (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 23 species
11th) The Seagull (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 14 species
12th) UtahnBirder (Utah, USA) - 9 species

Anyone else got any updates??

Last edited:
Sorry, Jonny, could you change mine again after my post-college trip to Cottam Brickworks.

Willow Tit, Siskin and Woodcock

Zac

Happened to get another 5 year ticks just within the town. I had Common Gull, Collared Dove, Grey Wagtail and a flock of Pink-footed Goose over whilst I was at school, and Dunnock on the feeders at home. This brings my year list up to 28 I believe, so you can please raise it to that total Jonny? Thanks. ;)

1st) Robert Williamson (Norfolk, GB) - 108 species *Poss. 109*
3rd) Ash1456 (Cornwall, GB) - 79 species
4th) Jonny721 (Lancashire, GB) - 71 species
7th) Loufish (London, GB) - 54 species
10th) Joseph N (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 28 species

Forget 5 a day I seem to be getting 1 a day consistently on the way home from school, todays start bird was Goldcrest.

Last edited:
You're being kept busy with this thread! I'm on 54 now after the addition of Grey wagtail and Greenfinch today. Three lapwing on the shore of the river were good for the area (usually only have them as fly-overs). Unfortunately a nuthatch calling loudly kept itself well hidden though!

Please can you add 1 more (Golden Pheasant) to my total. photos of the bird will be on my blog soon. Still no news on the Pacific Diver

1st) Robert Williamson (Norfolk, GB) - 116 species *Poss. 117*
3rd) Jonny721 (Lancashire, GB) - 81 species
4th) Ash1456 (Cornwall, GB) - 80 species
7th) Loufish (London, GB) - 54 species
10th) Joseph N (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 30 species

Managed to get 6 more of the commoner species today, Coot, Shoveler, Pochard, Gadwall, Pheasant and Long Tailed Tit. Also took delivery of the new Collins guide to birds of britain and europe, a great book if anyone if thinking of getting it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back