• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Powis (1 Viewer)

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Hello everyone , Is Powys included in one of the other Welsh patches or am I missing something ? Cheers , COLG .

I too was struggling to see a Powis thread.....and looking at the participation on all the other areas I am asking...are their ANY birders in Wales.....

I think I am spoilt as I have Upton Warren as my local patch and the numbers clicking on their thread adds up to more than all the other ones in Britain

Shame as Wales has spectacular birds in equally spectacular settings...had a day trip to Gilfach the other day and could have stayed...forever.

Keith :t:

p.s. couldn't put this in relevant thread as non participation banned it.

p.s. couldn't put this in relevant thread as non participation banned it.

No, that's not correct Keith. It's merely a message pointing out that it's a very old thread and checking that you really want to resurrect it and not start a new thread.

There's a tick box if you want to reply.

Hello Keith:

What Delia said. The memo at the end of threads isn't a barrier to posting, just a way to make posters aware of the age of the thread. Sometimes it's better start a new thread than rehash old material. (Although I don't think this should apply everywhere - not to "patch" threads, for example).

Shame as Wales has spectacular birds in equally spectacular settings...had a day trip to Gilfach the other day and could have stayed...forever.

Keith

We were in Wales on vacation one spring, years ago, and had a very similar experience at Gilfach. Couldn't get over how beautiful the countryside is around there. Plentiful Pied Flycatchers and Redstarts didn't hurt, either!

(In fact, I wonder about the wisdom of giving away the secret....)

Peter

[Edit: I now see that "the secret" is well and truly "blown" in an earlier thread.]

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back