• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

I heard of a Crested Caracara being seen on a golf course in Orange County, NY. Decided to go out and see it today, and wasn't disappointed. Since 8:52am, was on the same tree up until 2pm when it returned to the golf course. Gonna try and go back later this evening, only a 30minute drive to get there.

That makes Crested Caracara my latest life bird, and my first since the European Goldfinch earlier this month.

Golden-collared Honeycreeper

Near Mocoa, Putumayo, Colombia April 9, 2015. It was at the top of the canopy on the Fin del Mundo trail, and so backlit it was difficult to make out. But the photo shows diagnostic characters, so I guess it's okay. There isn't another photo in the gallery, but I hesitate to add it.

Attachments

• Golden-collared Honeycreper IMG_4830.JPG
    Golden-collared Honeycreper IMG_4830.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 64
Great four days in Scotland, with my first White-billed Diver, Red Grouse, Black Grouse, Scottish Crossbill, Ptarmigan, Harlequin Duck and King Eider all seen along with a number of other great birds.

took st georges day off yesterday and spent the entire day going around the tring area in glorious sunshine, and amongst many fantastic views inlcuding; sparrow hawk, dunlin, nesting L.Ring Plovers, little grebes, egyptian geese etc. i managed to add one more lifer to the tick list:

Male Gargany Duck

amazing how long its taken me to encounter one, but i got it.

My first twitch of the year when I went after a real surprise bird in Somerset. Hudsonian Godwit. I think the last one on our shores was back in the early 80's.

John

My latest lifer after spending many times in the uplands of England and Scotland, always listening for that 1 syllable note.
The Ring Ouzel but not 1 but 4, 2pr and breeding in a area I never even knew. Excellent

Damian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back