• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help!! (1 Viewer)

LeeDavis

Lee Davis Wildlife Photography
Hi all,

Im jetting off in april to tanam nigara (malaysia ) for two weeks and considering taking my Canon 500mm F4 LUIS with me, or buying the 400mm L F4 lens as im worried about putting the 500mm in the hold. I would like to take this as hand, but i feel the it will be too big to do so!. So what im asking for is anyone that has done this as hand or hold, and if so how much was it for extra weight if in hand, or if the hold damaged the lens if the hold is not pressurised.

any help would be greatful

thanks

I take my 500m, 400, 70-200 and 50m lens with me on holiday every year. I've made bubble wrap bags for each and carry them in a rucksack which complies with the hand baggage size requirements. When on hols the rucksack is handy for your field trips. My tripod is the only kit I put in the hold. There has never been any problem with weight etc, hope this helps

CB

Thanks for this info ill just risk it then as hand... and hope there is not a problem

thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back