• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

goldfinches from colorob and virus (1 Viewer)

sue galos

I had fun with these - 2 hours for both ... the first one didn't take long 'cause the watercolour markers I used are quick and i didn't sketch before hand.

Attachments

• goldfinch 1 reference by colorob.JPG
    goldfinch 1 reference by colorob.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 201
  • goldfinch 2 reference byvirus.JPG
    goldfinch 2 reference byvirus.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 171
I think these are very nice. It is very difficult to paint birds with large areas of a solid color and have it come across nicely. You've done a superb job.

Wow, Sue, these are great! Especially love the second one! What about a workshop in June????

workshop??

Thank you all for looking in and commenting - If I were as good with a camera as you guys - I probably wouldn't be a painter ... :bounce:
MLQ said:
Wow, Sue, these are great! Especially love the second one! What about a workshop in June????
I don't know what to show you guys - I guess I could demo how I do a bird??? is that sort of what you mean?

Last edited:
sue galos said:
I don't know what to show you guys - I guess I could demo how I do a bird??? is that sort of what you mean?

Exactly! :t: You surely seem to have a knack for this! On most of mine so far, I'm having trouble not getting too detailed, and driving myself nuts on such a small scale (having never adjusted to ACEO's, LOL!). Only 2 I'm happy with so far. No pressure, or anything, but....there will likely be some at the meet who haven't been in the A-Z challenge, right? And I suspect it will take me more than 26 birds to get that comfortable doing them (in less than several days each, anyway.... :(

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back